Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Word of the Week Wednesday-- And An Announcement


ex·pa·ti·ate
ikˈspāSHēˌāt/
verb
  1. speak or write at length or in detail.
 
Ok, ok I am cheating a bit with my word of the week. I might have sort of manipulated the word to suit my own purposes. Forgive me for doing that but I needed to tell you about my decision to return to speaking, and this seemed like as good a way to do it as any.
 
I have decided, after a lengthy absence from the speaking world, to embark once again on the art of expatiating. But I don't want to speak at length or in detail about just anything. There is only one thing I want to share with women's groups, moms groups, retreats, dinners, etc. And that is that the same elements I have to include when I'm constructing a novel must also be at work in your life. I want to inspire women to see the elements of story for what they are instead of being afraid of them, and to understand why they must be present. My message is called More To Your Story, and it will change your perspective about the things that happen to you.
 
To learn more about what I'm offering, visit my speaker page here. There's also a handy tab at the top of this page that says "Need A Speaker?" in case you ever need to get back to it, or you'd like to share it.
 
I hope you will share it with the decision makers in your church or group. I hope that in the very near future I can come share this exciting message-- one I'm so passionate about because I've seen it at work in my life-- in your neck of the woods. Please contact me via the email address on the speaker page if you'd like to make it happen. I look forward to being able to expatiate about story, and how yours is being told by the Master.
 
 
 
 
Pin It!

2 comments:

Kristy Woodson Harvey said...

That's so exciting, Marybeth! Congrats! I can't wait to read The Bridge Tender. I'm an NC girl, and I always love reading (and writing!) about our wonderful state!

Carol Baldwin said...

SOunds really interesting. Unfortunately I'm not in a group to invite you to, but I'd love to hear you talk on this. Will you let us know when you get a speaking gig on this in Charlotte?