My Top Ten Favorite Books Of The Bible:
1. Psalms: my go-to book if I need encouragement
2. Isaiah: the promises and power of God are packed in this book
3. John: this is my favorite gospel, mostly because I spent a year studying it
4. Genesis: I love the stories of the creation, Abraham, Joseph, etc.
5. Joshua: From Jericho to the Promised Land, I love the victories this book portrays and the courage it inspires.
6. Proverbs: Wisdom. I need it. This book's packed with it.
7. Luke: This is my favorite book for the Christmas story.
8. I Samuel: I love the early days of King David's life. What an adventure!
9. Galatians: I learned the order of the books Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians using the acronym General Electric Power Company. I love all of these epistles but if I had to pick one favorite, I would pick Galatians.
10. Acts: I spent a year studying this book and it was rich. I was challenged by the faith and trust in the early church and challenged to live a life that laid claim to that kind of faith and trust.
How about you? What's your favorite?