Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

In A Food Mood


I got this recipe from an online newsletter I have gotten for years. I thought it would be a great drink to make for Labor Day weekend!

Homemade Orangeade – Combine 6 oz. of orange juice concentrate (usually sold in 12 oz. cans, so make a double batch, mix up regular orange juice, or save for another time), 1 1/2 C. sugar, the juice of two lemons and enough water to make a gallon. Stir well.

I am looking forward to Labor Day weekend-- that last bit of summer. We'll spend it at the pool and at our town's festival that they have every Labor Day. I've been going since I was a child so it's neat for me to take my children. We plan our whole weekend around it.

I am sure we'll grill out too. So here's a great recipe link I found for a marinade that I haven't tried, but plan to soon. Something about the Sprite in it has my curiosity piqued!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Wander said...

Yum...sounds delicious!
I didn't realize this coming weekend was a holiday. I'm so excited to get a 3 day wkd.
Woohoo!
Enjoy!

Debra said...

Hi Marybeth,
Thanks for the recipe for marinade, I do want to try it. Off to the beach for the day on Saturday, so looking forward to it.
Hugs, Debra