Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fiction Friday: Announcement


It's official! My next novel is going to be called She Makes It Look Easy. I had to wait for it to get through titling committee before I could tell you that for certain. But this week I found out that the title I proposed will be the actual title of the book. Yay! Stay tuned for the cover-- I will be sure to post it here once it gets designed.

I am very excited about this book, which will come out next June. I should begin edits on it in the next few weeks, I would expect. In a way I feel like a first-time author-- and I'm sure I will even more once the edits start-- because this book is so different from Mailbox. I went from coastal love story to a story about the complexities of women's relationships. This book focuses on the pedestals we put each other on and the need for authenticity and acceptance between women.

I will share the summary I wrote for the novel-- you guys are the first to see it!

When Ariel Baxter moves to a new neighborhood and meets her backyard neighbor Justine Miller, she knows she’s found someone who can help her achieve her goal of being a better wife and mom. Quickly Justine draws Ariel into neighborhood organizations and a church mother’s group she is convinced will be a lifeline for her. Justine ushers her into a world of clean houses, fresh baked bread, homemade crafts, and organization techniques sure to make her life easier, her marriage better and her motherhood more manageable. When rumors start to circulate about Justine’s relationship with a male neighbor, Ariel must choose whether to believe the best about the friend she admires or accept that what we wish was true sometimes just isn’t. She Makes It Look Easy is a novel about the complexities of women's relationships, the value of being real, and the freedom that comes with accepting who we are, faults and all.

As for the whole "will there be a sequel to Mailbox" question, I can say that we aren't sure. There will probably not be a direct sequel, but I hope there will be some more Sunset Beach love stories coming. How's that for vague? For now we've decided to move ahead with this one. I hope you will all want to read She Makes It Look Easy and will be as supportive of it as you were of The Mailbox. It's you guys who made all the difference in the success of The Mailbox, and you guys can make that difference again!
Pin It!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! the insert/summary sounds Great, I can't wait until June! It will be another wonderful summer read!!! I loved The Mailbox, a book that you could re-read again:) Have a Happy Friday!
Kim

Arlene G said...

Cant wait to read it Marybeth!

Arlene said...

I enjoyed reading The Mailbox, and I look forward to your new book with anticipation. Do we really have to wait till June? Couldn't you have it ready by, say, Christmas? ;-)

Debra said...

Congrats Marybeth. Cant wait to read it next summer. I certainly enjoyed the mailbox. The focus on the book sounds interesting.

Happy Four said...

Wonderful news that your second novel will be released in June. I can't wait to read it!

Jennifer said...

Mary Beth, I just wanted to let you know that I LOVED The Mailbox! I ordered it just because you wrote it and I have followed your blog for a year and wanted to support you. I'm sure you had posted about the book's plot but I must not have been paying attention. I'm going through a divorce right now that is painfully similar to the one in the book and was greatly encouraged (in the midst of the sobbing!) and so ministered to by your words. Thank you for all your hard work and your willingness to put your heart out there. Can't wait to read your next one!

JenB said...

Wanted to say that I can't wait for the new book! I loved The Mailbox and have passed it on to my mom and encouraged other friends to get it. I kept meaning to email you about my experience reading it and now I forget if I ever did! So if this is a repeat, sorry! ha!

I met my husband when we were teenagers at the beach (Garden City, SC) in 1985---the week of Hurricane Bob! Our youth groups were at a retreat center there and evacuated to a school for the night. We got married 13 yrs later. I laughed at those little details from the book and thought it was so neat!

I'm a big reader and I absolutely love the way you write. God has blessed you with much talent and I'm so glad you're following your passion.

Ellen - SkoMomma said...

Hurray! Congrats on the upcoming book. I read and really enjoyed The Mailbox!

Anonymous said...

The complex lives of relationships and women. Should be good. Looking forward to it.
leanne

Kristi Butler said...

Yay!!!! Sounds great!! Can't wait until June!!

Edwina said...

Marybeth,
Can't wait to read your new book!

I loved "The Mailbox" and I'm sure I'll enjoy "She Makes It Easy."

Congratulations!!

Angie said...

I cannot wait to be drawn into "She Makes It Look Easy." The summary already has my attention.

Flamingo said...

ooh! this sounds like a good read. i so am in awe of having the talent to write fiction. i can communicate a thought, but have no ability to turn an imaginary story into a complex plot:)

Melanie said...

MB - so excited by another novel by you! Love the title and the story line!

Unknown said...

I just finished The Mailbox and loved it! It is actually the first Christian fiction book I have ever read.I know this book will be just as good! You are a great author!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Congrats on having another book soon ready for publishing. How exciting.

Blessings,
Jodie