Monday, March 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... a storm is blowing in-- tornado warnings and possible hail, flashes of lightning

I am thinking... about what a wonderful church service we had last night. God moved and it was amazing to witness. So glad I had a friend with me-- it was a great night to visit!

I am thankful for... being part of our church.

From the learning rooms... reading chapter books with the kids at night. Revisiting old favorites from my own childhood.

From the kitchen... tonight--roast beef and gravy over egg noodles, green beans, for dessert- apple crisp and homemade whipped cream

I am wearing... gray tee shirt and plaid flannel pants

I am creating... a menu plan for Easter lunch

I am going... to be busy this week getting ready for the big day Sunday. Outfits, Easter basket filler, egg hunt items, and lunch. One holiday-- lots of preparation. Curt said that if men were in charge of holidays they would be much simpler... but also not as much fun!

I am reading... The Journal Keeper by Phyllis Theroux

I am hoping... I get everything done this week in time for Easter. I will breathe a sigh of relief when the kids are at church in their spring clothing, having woken up to Easter goodies, with a yummy lunch waiting for us at home.

I am hearing... the dryer going. It always seems to be.

Around the house... more spring cleaning this week!

One of my favorite things... family time.
Pin It!


Digging for Pearls said...

Sounds like the life of my home as well. What a joy to be home!

Prayers and blessings today,

Debra said...

Yes Indeed it is a blessing to be a stay at home mother!
Have a good week Marybeth,