Pages

Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday


I have a post on scheduling up today at Heart of the Matter online! Go here to check it out!

Speaking of scheduling, today was our first day of school. And I used the exact method to get ready for our day that I detail in this post. Last night Curt took the kids out to run a few errands and I spent some blissfully quiet moments at home getting things ready. I wrote out their assignments in their notebooks so that when they got up, we were ready. They enjoyed our manners study as we practiced the six "S's" of introducing ourselves: Stand up, Smile, See their eyes, Shake their hand, Say your name, Speak their name back to them. They had a great time practicing on me and each other.

We did have our share of weeping and moaning and general complaining when I told them to get their work done. It's hard to get adjusted to hard work after a summer of loafing around. One child (who shall remain nameless) did have to go sit on their bed for thirty minutes for having a bad attitude. I told this child that the next time it would be one hour on their bed, adding more time each time. One time was all it took, thankfully. I didn't want to drag that out all day, but I would have to get the point across. I will be glad when we get back into a routine and everyone knows what to do and when/how to do it. Transitions are rough.

All in all, our day went relatively smoothly and we got everything done that I wanted except we didn't take a walk-- oh well, we will try again tomorrow. And now the baby is napping and I am using the quiet time to get some writing done while the other two watch some educational tv or read or rest. (The older three are at school.)

I hope that all of you are having a great Monday! It feels good to be getting back in the swing of school-- and I am hoping that we have a great first week!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Glad it was a good day overall! I'm off to read your post at HOTM...

Anonymous said...

I like those 6 S's.

Laura said...

I took the summer off from blogging and reading so I am a little behind. Are you home schooling everyone this year? I really like the six "s".

Glad your first day went well!

FROGGITY! said...

hi! received your devotion today in my email(signed up on oneplace). i am glad to see you have a blog! thanks for the encouragement!