Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I can't believe I am posting my menu plan two weeks in a row! I am impressing myself! Don't get used to this-- I know that I have a busy speaking schedule in Oct/Nov and will not be as consistent with meal planning-- or cooking-- as I would like!

Just keepin' it real--

Monday) Baked Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Green beans

Tuesday) Domino's Delivers!

Wednesday) White Chili, French Bread, Fruit

Thursday) Chicken Cacciatore over penne pasta, Corn

Friday) Rosemary Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoes with butter and cinnamon sugar, Lima Beans

Saturday) Tacos

Ok: I got so inspired, I charged ahead with more meals. I don't have these groceries yet, but I at least have them planned out and will make a grocery list later in the week, once we get low. These are not scheduled for certain days yet, just jotted down to give me an idea of what to cook when the time comes! That's half the battle for me!

Pork chops and rice casserole, cooked carrots, cooked apples

Chipped Beef on Toast, black-eyed peas

Chicken pie with biscuit topping (this includes mixed vegetables, so it is a meal in one dish)

Barbecue Chicken, Wild Rice, Salad

Pork Tenderloin (see link to recipe below), Mashed Potatoes, Peas

For other menu plans, head over to Organizing Junkie!

For today's "Family Favorites" focus over at Organizing Junkie, we are supposed to share a family favorite recipe. I am sharing a link instead: a great and easy recipe for Slow Cooked Pork Tenderloin. The next time you see Pork Tenderloin on sale buy one/get one free, snatch them up and make this! It is delicious, and easy, and good enough to serve to company-- which is just the way I like my recipes!

ETA: I wrote a blog post on how menu planning-- and other time savers-- can make your Mondays run smoother. Go check it out at the Hearts at Home blog!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

What a beautiful family you have!!
I saved your blog to look at later. I am glad I found you!
Taco's seem to be on most menu's this week! They are a favorite here too!

Svr said...

Hey! I have a half dozen too! Crazy huh???

Jenny said...

Your menu sounds great! And thanks for the pork tenderloin recipe, I'm always looking for a good one!