Pages

Friday, September 05, 2008

An Apology


I dislike being solicited. I dislike door-to-door salespeople putting me on the spot. I avoid any call I think is a telemarketer intruding on my day. But unfortunately it's hard to avoid some of this type of stuff online. I am finding out this morning that many of you who have blogs posted in my sidebar have been contacted by a group called Experience Project asking you to submit your blogs to their online community. I am very sorry that you were contacted and that they used my name. Yes, they did contact me and at one point, I did sign up for this community-- but I very quickly deleted it when their widget made my margins mess up. I have not been involved with them since that time, nor do I know much about who they are or what their purpose is.

My sidebar is my own personal Google Reader. These blogs are the blogs I read faithfully and believe in. Many, many of these blogs are the blogs of my personal friends. I don't want my friends contacted with promotional stuff any more than I would send a door-to-door salesman to my friends' doors. No matter how good the product is, none of us likes a hard sell. I have written to the two people in charge of Experience Project and let them know that I do not want them to contact any of you all in the future and certainly not to tout me as one of their satisfied customers. I am not saying I don't like EP, I am saying I don't know much at all about them. And it scares me when something or someone I am unfamiliar with starts purporting that I endorse them.

Ok, sorry to do this here but I was getting a lot of private emails from you all asking what this was all about and this is a time-saving method to just post a disclaimer right here where the trouble all started!!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Pin It!

3 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

EEEK! Those things happen. Back when I was on AOL I was lambasted for sending, um, rather embarassing emails that I did not send at 2:30 in the morning. Luckily, everyone in my address book knew that on a weeknight I'm in the bed by 10:30 at the latest and that I don't have anything to do with, um, the embarassing email ad sent out. I'm sure your friends will understand that they just got spammed. It's sad, but it happens in the age of technology. At least it wasn't embarrassing material, kwim?

Sucharita Sarkar said...

I agree with you as I too dislike unsolicited soliciting...but I usually end up feeling sorry for the those on the other side of the fence.

Carol said...

Yes, they contact me using your name, too. I declined after having a look at their blog. I also saw that you didn't have their widget, so I thought they might just be using you. Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering about that too. :)