Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yesterday's Devotion


Wow! The comments on yesterday's post from devotion subscribers who stopped by were pretty amazing! If you didn't check it out yesterday, you should really click on the comments and read everyone's stories. They inspired me to actively listen for God's promptings. I hope they inspire you, too!

We had an incredibly busy day yesterday-- the kind where you lay in bed and *try* to map out your day before you even put your feet on the floor. It was just that complicated to get everyone where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. With two of mine still going half days opposite each other due to some construction delays, that means three separate schedules for school, plus the three at home. Add to that one that needed to go to the bank, one that had an ortho appt, one that had a haircut appt, and a few necessary errands, and you had the makings of a crazy day! Curt actually helped me out quite a bit... and I don't know how I could have done it without him. It is rare that he is available to help like that, but it was a gift.

Today we start CBS (Community Bible Study). I am excited to see old friends and dig back into the Word on a more regular, in-depth basis. While I did study the life of Paul on my own this summer, it wasn't nearly as fulfilling as studying with other women who challenge and encourage me to dig deeper and live a more committed Christian life. I am so excited to be going back! Tonight I am meeting with my friend Melissa-- one of those people you tell yourself you want to get together with, but never seem to find the time. Well tonight we are making the time! I can't wait to have some great conversation over dinner and get to know this lovely woman better.

Whatever you find yourself doing today, I hope you have a wonderful Thursday! And I hope to see you back here tomorrow!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Today is Thankful Thursday for me. I'm excited for you that you're starting the study and it will be great to connect with a friend, won't it? Enjoy!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Whew, with the start of our home school year, I completely understand the busy, crazy days. Just catching up on a few blogs...have a wonderful dinner. :)