Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some Great Blogs I Discovered!



I am having a blast checking out the amazing lineup of bloggers who are going to be writing for the new, Five Minutes For Parenting blog, edited by none other than my friend Stephanie, who was on the Disney trip I went on many moons ago. (Ok, so it was just a few short months ago, but lately I seem to be operating in dog years.) Anyway, these ladies are brilliant and gifted and funny writers. I already love DeeDee at FiddleDeeDee. She and I go way back to the She Speaks conference (dog years, remember?). And I just know I am going to love getting to know these other ladies through their blogs. I realize that a lot of them are quite well known but I have clearly been blogging in a vacuum. How did I miss them?

Oh well, I found them now. That's all that counts. Right?

Check out the lineup here. I especially loved this post by Stephanie. It's one I need to read and re-read. Although my version would be titled, "I Love You More Than My Desire To Unpack All These Boxes."

Disclaimer: this post is in no way intended to lure you away from my blog. I sort of feel like connecting you to these ladies is the equivalent of introducing your boyfriend to your more attractive, wittier, smarter friend. But that's just my insecurity talking. And the fact that my stats have dropped off with alarming consistency in recent months. I tried to whine about this to my husband who reasoned with me that I just haven't been that great of a blogger lately. Thanks honey! That was comforting! I have reasoned that it's just summer and people aren't reading blogs as regularly. Go with me here. And don't correct me if I am wrong. My fragile ego just can't take it.
Pin It!

5 comments:

K said...

I'm just happy you're back! I got here via The Prevette Family, and I've been enjoying your blog all summer. I'm a loyal reader. So I may add to the blogs I read, but I won't be lured away :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I am having a hard enough time keeping up with this whole new blog world the way it is, and now this....oh yikes. We won't leave you, but I do realize how much blogging can, in and of itself, get you in your own little vacuum. I only started mine a few weeks ago and already I realize that this is something that can tilt an already busy life completely off balance. So never feel like a bad blogger...you are being a good mother, and wife and box upacker. And don't check those stats...that counter may be a tool of Satan....heee heee.

lifelaughterchaos said...

dont' worry, i won't leave your blog...to be honest, my time is precious and i don't have time to discover new glorious people right now....so the new "smarter wittier friend" doesn't win out!

Jenni said...

LOL Marybeth! I love the boyfriend/other friends analogy. Maybe that's why I don't link much. Haha!

I whine to my husband about my stats, too. Wow, we're like, twins! But never fear, you are every bit as smart and witty as those gals, and stats be damned, if you write it, they will come.

What? Has that been said before?

(((HUGS)))
Jenni

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Mary Beth, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing the love and I DO hope we have another Disney getaway sometime soon where you can enjoy with out a "bum" foot!

Steph