Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Thoughts


It is Sunday morning. Curt is playing guitar for another church this morning and had to leave before 7 to be there on time. He won't be home til after one. Yesterday he spent several hours in the middle of the day at rehearsal. I would be lying if I didn't say that this has been a struggle for me when we still have so much to do from the move and a lot of our weekend has been taken up by church stuff. To his credit, he did as much as humanly possible yesterday morning before he had to be at rehearsal. But I still couldn't resist pointing out the stacks of boxes still sitting in our living room and complain because I still don't have bookshelves.

What's that scripture about a nagging wife? Never mind, I don't want to know right now.

I know for some folks, being busy at church is reality every weekend. But we have consciously chosen not to take on too much church volunteering because of our other commitments: Curt's busy weekday schedule at work, my speaking/writing schedule, and spending time as a family during the precious, fleeting weekend hours. So, one weekend out of many is really fine. But I am not thrilled about it. Just for the record, I am trying to have a good attitude.

Just keeping it real here on the old blog just so you all don't think that Curt and I are always hunky-dory happy and blissful. Sometimes we struggle with balancing stuff and our personal desires getting in the way of our other obligations. Sometimes we disagree about stuff and stress and tension mount in our home.

Tonight, however, we have a date night scheduled and we could use it. We are planning to see the new Batman movie-- and as I have written here before, I love any superhero movie. Spiderman and Batman are my favorites. I know, I know, that's strange for a girl to like but I blame it on The Electric Company. Does anyone else remember that show? Morgan Freeman was on it? Anyway, the Spiderman segment was always my favorite part. It started me on a lifetime of loving superheroes and I was delighted when the movies were made. So, tonight I plan to get my fill of good versus evil-- and have a nice time with my husband to boot!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Dark Knight is awesome! Enjoy!

Laurie Ann said...

Steve went to see the new Batman movie and loved it. Hope you do, too. I am a fan but had a migraine Friday. Hope to see it soon.

I haven't thought about The Electric Company in years! I *so* remember that! Forgot Morgan Freeman was on it till I saw the video. Wow, what a trip down memory lane...