Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Play. Repeat. Play. Repeat.


I can't get enough of this song lately. Good stuff. No, it's not new and no, it's not even remotely Christian. But I love listening to it, especially at night on my Ipod just before I fall asleep. My own private concert, a perfect way to end what has been a succession of stressful days.

I love pretty much all of David Gray's music. His voice is, in my humble opinion, an acquired taste. Some may not like it and if you don't that's fine.

It is possible I have written about this song before and if I have, forgive me for repeating myself. I have had a touch of senility lately. Maybe that's why I enjoy listening to the song over and over. I forget I have heard it already.

ETA: If you like David Gray, try adding these songs to your Ipod:

Please Forgive Me

Babylon (this was my introduction to him years ago when it was being played a good bit in the US)

Sail Away

The One I Love

Be Mine

Lately
Pin It!

4 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Forgot to add from post below...very impressive - three posts in one day, now that's catching up.:)I am living in your blog vacuum because your blog (from many years ago) was the only one I had looked at before She Speaks 06 and meeting you at NCHE. Then we added a privacy service and I couldn't get to anything with the word "blog" in it. I could get to your posts to read but never comment because of our internet. I just got a new computer and now I have used all your sidebar links the last few weeks to begin my blogging adventure, so your vacuum is my vacuum.:)

TheNormalMiddle said...

He reminds me of Michael Buble and Dave Matthews and John Mayer all in one...

Very good stuff indeed.

KelliGirl said...

I love David Gray too! My husband and I have been listening to him for years. One of my favorite combo of CDs to play for a grown up evening is one I call "Shades of Gray." It features David Gray, Grey Eye Glances and Macy Gray. (Check out the other two if you haven't heard of them.)

Good luck with the continued unpacking. I am incredibly jealous that you can write fast enough to put up three posts in a day. I struggle with two a week!!

Blessings,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I thought I had never heard of David Gray, till you mentioned Babylon. Please Forgive Me is a great song, and I'm going to have to go looking for the CD now!!! Thanks for sharing, what a great song!

Blessings,
Lisa