Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Night Post


Well, it's Sunday night and I am feeling like I need to check in to let you know that I am here, but I am the first to admit that I have nothing to say that is either a) insightful b) witty or c) interesting. Just letting you know that from the get-go.

We had a good weekend, but I did not take the day off on Saturday as I had originally planned. I am sorry to not do The Motherhood Emancipation Project proud as I had hoped. Life just got in the way, as it tends to do.

We ended up spending most of the morning at a housing development we were interested in, walking through different floor plans and talking to their reps. By the time we were done, we had just enough time to run to Walmart for a baby gift, run through the McDonald's drive through and take me to the baby shower. Curt took the kids home while I was at the shower and then came back and picked me up. I felt like one of my teenagers must feel as I waited for my ride. The shower was fun, but sad as we said goodbye to Holly.

A personal aside here: Holly, I will miss you and wish you weren't going so far. Be sure to stay in touch and let us know when you come in town for visits! And Holly, I just have to say publicly that I do think you should start a blog so we can watch this little girl grow up and hear all about your FL adventures!

Today was spent at church, making lunches, going to see a house (do you notice a trend here?), having coffee with a friend, going to Target and having dinner. Not exciting per se, but a good, relaxing Sunday. And I have to say that if you are a parent of a teen, please check out my pastor's sermon from today just as soon as it is up. It was one of the best sermons I have ever heard him preach. (I seem to say that every week, though.) This one was right on target. I was nodding my head so much, I just about got a neck-ache! You can access the video by clicking on "My Pastor's Blog" in the sidebar section titled "Momtourage/Elevation Blogs." He has a little icon you can click on in the top right corner that will take you to the video. It will probably take a few days before it is up, so keep checking back. It's worth persevering to see/hear it.

And now I am going to climb in bed and read my book... the one that the writing is good but there is not much action. It is picking up, though. Slightly. I am still holding out hope that it is going to be worth sticking with.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Here's hoping for some exciting posts in the coming days! Because this one was not very. But neither was my weekend.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Amy L Brooke said...

So, sorry to hear that Mother Emancipation Day did not work out as planned. I hope it can be rescheduled!