Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Laptop Chronicles... Continued


Well, Curt took the laptop back to the store the other day and this time he just asked for our money back. Because we are starting to wonder if perhaps this store only sells computers that have fallen off the backs of trucks or something. I will not tell you the name of the store in question but I will reveal that it rhymes with Nest My. The trouble is, they couldn't give us our money back because we paid in cash and they won't pay back that much cash. So they have to issue a check in 10 to 15 business days. Minimum. And so, in approximately one month we just might have our funds back. Which leaves me out a laptop and my money.

So, I did the only thing one can do in a time like this. Actually, it was Curt's suggestion. I confiscated what used to be known as "the kids' computer" and put it in my bedroom in place of the old desktop that died-- which, as you will recall, is what started all of this in the first place.

Which means, I am back in business, albeit on the kids' computer-- henceforth to be referred to as my computer. Sometimes, it's just good to be the mama, ya know? Kind of like in law enforcement when they need a vehicle but don't have one and they can pull their badge and take yours? Well, it's like that. I will soon be purging all their junk from the files and organizing all the documents into some sort of sense. And then (insert maniacal laughter here) it will be mine, all mine!

With this new development, I will hopefully be posting more often and will just plan to keep this computer for the duration. I don't know how long the duration is, but I do know that we paid $700 for the computer (waaaay back when this first started) and since that time we have found out that the painting we are going to have to have done to get the house ready for sale is-- wait for it-- $700. And so, as Curt said, "Do you want a new computer or a painted house?" Hmmm. Tough one. My flesh cries out, "New computer!" But my sacrificial side says, "You know the right thing is to go for the painting job and make do with the kids computer." And so, I think for now sacrifice has won out.

But I am just about going to have to insist that we spring for a new flatscreen monitor like I used to have. This monitor is so wide, my hands are hanging off the edge of the desk when I type. And that hurts. But I am not one to complain. I am sacrificial, you know. Let's just hope my kids are in touch with their sacrificial sides when they come home to find their computer has now become mine.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Christine said...

LOL! Let's hope you love the paint job so you won't notice what you (and the kids!) are missing...

Amy L Brooke said...

Glad you have something to work on! Computers are great when they work and when they don't . . . . I was without mine from Wed. to Sat. And it is still a little buggy,so off to the shope we go again tomorrow. (And I had to endure a snow day without the computer. All that time I could have been blogging or whatever. The cats got a bath which wouldn't have happened if I had my computer. Mind you, my cats are jealous of the computer but I think they would have rather me had it than not!)

Amy Wyatt said...

Yeah! I'm glad you are back. I finally got my computer back yesterday. Now we just have to get all of the softward loaded back on to the new harddrive which could take forever. I hope the kids computer works out.

The Gibson/Ramirez Family said...

Glad you are back:)

Wrinkled Shirts said...

Ahhh, a sigh of relief. I feel like I've been having Marybeth withdrawals. I know you've posted a bit here and there but I'm so glad you confiscated that computer. Happy Blogging!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are back in the blogging world!!! I just love your blogs and I miss you when you are gone. You truly are an inspiration to me. If you read Lysa's blog today, she basically mention that through our testimony, through our words, we reach people. And you Marybeth, reach me! :) On another note, I just finished your book "For the Write Reason" and I LOVED it! :) Lots and lots and lots of great information...of which I'm about to start putting into practice. Oh, and many thanks for Appendix D!

Blessings and Prayers!

Holly said...

marybeth -
you're rubbing off on me! My laptop died last nite too...it is soooo frustrating...urgh!!!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

You are too funny and so honest and hopefully soon to be the proud owner of a freshly painted house that is SOLD!