Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

What $4000 Will Buy You


First of all, can you tell that we finally got my new laptop loaded with some photos I have been waiting to post??
Here is a before and after view of my master bath. Because I know you all were absolutely holding your breath to get a look at it. I loved what one of my children said as he looked in at the finished product, in complete and utter disappointment, "He didn't make it bigger." Nope. We didn't have that kind of budget. While he didn't make it bigger, he did make it much prettier-- and (we hope) more attractive to buyers. It is much more updated now that we got rid of the lovely gold and blue color combo.
The bathroom tile before it was taken down-- a lovely gold 1970's color

What my bathroom looked like for most of a week

A better view of where my sink was


The "After" ta da! New marbled tile, new potty and new vanity



A better view of my shower with spiffy little ledges for shampoo, razors, and various children's bath toys that make their way there


The vanity with pretty new mirror to replace the old mirror, which was pretty nasty, in retrospect, but which I did not notice until I got a new one.


Pin It!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like! It's very pretty. I can only imagine how happy you are to have it back! :-)

Lisa B @ simply His said...

It's gorgeous! Just like those shows I watch on tv :) I hope to remodel our little master bath soon, but first I've decided to tackle the kitchen. Of course, if that doesn't kill me -- it'll be nothing to do the bathroom :D

Celly B said...

That looks great! So sleek and shiny! Wasn't it worth it to be a mess for a week?

Laura said...

Very nice!! Our front bathroom has the 1950's pink tile. Good thing I have 3 girls and only 1 boy.

Mary Lou said...

Marybeth, love the bathroom, know you are proud and happy. Loved the post about Mom's project, been there done that...You did a great job. Hope "you" receive a good grade. I love to read your writing...keep it up.

Debra said...

Wow Marybeth looks great! How exciting, hope it helps to sell the house.
Debra

Anonymous said...

Hi Marybeth,
I LOVE it! And I can imagine (from personal experience) how it was to be 'without' your own private bathroom! Girl...it looks great! Congratulations on the new look and for getting back in! LOL
Hope you have a great week!
Amy