10. I can't find the time.
9. My nifty new laptop decided to start closing down for no apparent reason. After several days of this, we took it back. And after several days of "deciding" which one to buy next, we got another one. Only to discover that this super-de-duper new computer also has its quirks and likes to go back to the screen saver if you press a link it doesn't like. As in, log you off the internet entirely. And so, now this computer must go back to the store as well. If you are counting, that is the third computer I have burned through in about a month's time. I am starting to take it personal-- and wondering what this will mean to my future as a blogger. And as a writer. Can you do those two things with no computer? I think not.
8. I went out of town with my husband for his business trip. Just the two of us. And that is WAY more fun than blogging. I would have taken my nifty new laptop with me, but alas, it was not cooperating.
7. I had to go shopping today. Had to. It was planned.
6. When I have been around my children, I have tried to spend time with them and not be on the computer so much.
5. I have read two actual books, not blog posts. Books, people.
4. I decided to let other bloggers pick up where I left off for awhile. Apparently, it worked. My friend Shari says she has posted waaaay more than I have recently. Perhaps she felt the need to pick up my slack, which I think was a character-building experience. And I am proud to have done my part in that.
3. With being out of town for a few days, none of our laundry got done. That is at least two loads a day for several days. Which means there was a mountain waiting for me when I got home. And I am still scaling it as I type.
2. My friend Lysa had a horrible thing happen on her property. A husband and father suddenly and unexpectedly lost his life. And it has made me think about how much I take for granted, and how much I want to treasure every moment I have with my family-- particularly my husband. To quote Aerosmith, "I don't wanna miss a thing." While blogging is great for recording these moments, it can also cause you to miss them if you have your head stuck in the computer all the time.
1. I just wanted to see if you all would miss me. The comments and emails wondering where I have been have been just what I needed to hear! You love me! You really love me! It was good to be missed.