Carol at I Throw Like A Girl tagged me with a meme, and since I have been very uninspired in the blogging department, I decided to play along. You have to identify six quirky things about yourself. Here is the definition of quirk, because I was interested enough to look it up.
a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism
Since I am very quirky, it should be no problem to think of just SIX things! It is, in fact, quite vulnerable to expose just how quirky I am in front of God (as if He doesn't know, seeing as how He created my quirky self) and everybody! But, it's all in the name of good fun, right? Ok, here goes:
1. I like to, if possible, get even numbered grocery carts.
2. I also like to have even numbered addresses. My husband just learned this about me as we have been looking at houses. He made me recall all our house numbers under the pretense that he wondered if they were all indeed even numbers-- which they were. But I think he just wanted to see if I could remember them all!
3. As a rule, I only listen to male singers and read female writers. When you think about it, it balances out. Of course there are exceptions-- I love Stevie Nicks and Donald Miller.
4. My husband and I stayed up most of the night talking about getting married and having a lot of kids the night we met. No kidding. We really did. Do I believe in love at first sight? You betcha!
5. I can launch spit bubbles off my tongue and wiggle my nose like a bunny. Just try to top that!
6. I go to a quirky church. Attending a leadership meeting last night only confirmed that this is true. The pastor is 27 years old. In under two years of existence, they have grown to over 3000 strong consistently. They were just voted the third fastest growing church in the nation and even more recently were voted the 14th most innovative church in the nation. Being innovative demands a certain amount of quirkiness-- so obviously, I belong there. If you are quirky and need a church home that will help you embrace your inner quirkiness, give it a try!
Ok, I am supposed to tag six people. But I am just quirky enough that I am going to refuse to play that game. Instead, I will ask six of you to take it upon yourselves to do this on your blog, then leave me a comment so I won't feel so "out there" by revealing my quirks.
Thanks to those who play along!