Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Random Christmas Stuff


My daughter made this for me at school. It is a simple little craft that would be quite easy to do. It made me think of Dawn, and her love for nature and the outdoors. This is just little nuts, acorns, gumballs, etc. glued on a round piece of cardboard and spray-painted silver.

Another view so you can see that they just used the bottom of a tealight as the base for the candle.

Some homemade granola that my family has enjoyed immensely over the last few days. I made it in the crockpot and it was quite easy!


The baby enjoying a bowl of granola. Notice the diaper next to her. She likes the picture of Winnie The Pooh on the diaper.

A plate of goodies from our neighbors. We devoured the entire plate in two servings. We gave them, as we always do, a loaf of pumpkin bread. It is easy because it makes three loaves at once.


Some eggnog bread I made that was SO good. I received this Gingerbread candle and homestead kitchen soap (which smells heavenly!) from the folks at The Old Schoolhouse. What a sweet surprise!



And now I will leave you with a poem I wrote in honor of Christmas Eve:

Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house
Not a thing was getting done and I was feeling like a louse
There was food to be cooked and last minute gifts to be bought
Chores to be done and traffic to be fought
Plans to be made and people to see...
Instead I sat at the computer and spent time on me
So what is the moral to this tale that I tell?
It's okay to let some stuff go, things will still turn out swell!

Have a great day!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Laura said...

LOL, loved the poem! Would also love your granola recipe please.

Enjoy your new puppy, he's adorable!

Laura

Wendy said...

Can't wait to hear Winston's story. Also? Dry granola in the crockpot?! Must share recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

I like your poem! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt

Welcome! said...

Would you be willing to share the granola recipe? Looks yummy!

Sisterlisa said...

EggNog bread? Sounds yummy!