Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Feeling Nearly Back To Normal (Or, 800 Mgs.of Ibuprofen Does Wonders!)


Today has been a day for getting at least some of the gillion and one things on my to-do list crossed off. After two days of taking it pretty easy in the homekeeping department, it was time to get back in the saddle-- my house was showing the signs of my slack-ness! So, today I got up and did a bunch of stuff-- I can't even tell you what it was really. Just time-consuming, hardly-even-deserves-a-line-on-the-to-do-list stuff. Then I took my daughter to playgroup, which was fun-- in a "we're in this hot, loud McDonald's playland but at least we're all here together" kind of fun.

And now I am home, pausing for a moment in all of my criss-crossing the house getting more mindless stuff done to say hi, and to let you know that I really appreciated all your sweet emails and comments about my toe. It seems so silly to make a fuss over a toe. A digit. But, it hurt. And it still does. This morning I woke up telling my husband it was hurting worse than ever and did he think it could be infected? He said he doubted it and perhaps I should hit the prescription Ibuprofen the dr. prescribed.

Oh no, no, no, I said. I don't need medicine.

I will admit that I was hoping for enough pity to well up in him that he would offer to take the kids to school and offer to stay home.

Didn't work.

After he left, I did in fact hit the Ibuprofen bottle. And boy, did it work. I am walking normal. And despite the fact that I am wearing flip flops in near-December and my toe looks scary ugly, I am all but back to normal.

At least for a few more hours til that dose of Ibuprofen wears off.

(Thanks to all of you who have ordered the book-- yesterday was the best day yet for orders!! And to all of you who haven't ordered yet, please do!!)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Isn't it amazing what a little pain killer can do? As soon as L's pain meds start to wear off, she is screaming and crying with a heart-breaking "I can't do this". As soon as that Tylenol with codeine kicks in, she's playing like nothing ever happened.

Trust me, pain meds are your friend.