Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

House Woes, And Otherwise


First of all, let me say that I have determined to spend today reflecting on my blessings, instead of lamenting my woes. Yesterday was a day for lamenting my woes, and I worked myself into such a tizzy while doing so that I was unfit for human contact by evening.

This morning, I read Psalm 111. It starts off "Hallelujah!" and then goes on to talk about God's blessings, His love and His goodness. And I realize that perhaps my thought life has been in a bit of a pit.

Yesterday my prayers went something like this: "Please, please, please, please, please, please... sell the house. Because I really, really, really, really, really, really... want to move."

I am sure He was up in heaven, seated on His throne, rolling His eyes. With Jesus right there, as always, interceding on my behalf, saying as He always has, "Be patient, Father, she knows not what she does."

Because I don't. Truly.

And so, I am trying not to think about house stuff. I am trying to focus on our blessings, which include recently, my husband getting a formal offer for a new job. You may remember that his job was eliminated within his corporation in July. We have been waiting to hear what they were going to do with him. This was a promotion for him, and I am very proud. (It will also involve travel, but we aren't going to talk about that, as we are focusing on blessings today, remember?)

Another blessing is that we got into CBS (Community Bible Study) after two years of waiting to get back in!! Now that's a hallelujah moment! Note to self: never ever ever leave CBS again, lest you miss out on years of wonderful Bible study. This year we will be studying the book of Acts, which I have always wanted to study. I will try not to bombard you all with what I am learning, but you might as well prepare yourself to hear about Acts a lot.

Another blessing is I met with several girls from my church the other night and we decided to begin meeting very informally and do a book study on motherhood, using Sally Clarkson's book The Mom Walk. It was very cool how God brought us all together and how, though we are all at different stages with our motherhood issues, we are all personally at the same place in our hearts. I am very excited to see what God will do through this study, and glad to be making some connections at this church I so love. Interestingly enough, we are all bloggers and really got to know each other through reading blogs! Internet connections lead to real-life connections!

And so, please pray if you feel led for this house issue. I know there are those of you out there who do pray when I ask for prayer, as I felt that so much after my grandmother died. I wrote a devotion entitled, "It Just Takes One" about someone saying that to me in regards to finding a buyer for our home. I am just hoping that "one" comes soon. Mainly because we have found a house that would work well for our family, that is actually below what we can afford, that we feel good about making an offer on. But we can't do that until we get an offer on this one. And so, I wait, and I pray, and, for today at least, I focus on what I have instead of what I don't.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Marybeth,
I decided I would take a moment before my next meeting and read through some of my favorite blogs in thoughts that God might have a word of encouragement for me, and he did! Thanks for your posting, I needed to be reminded today to look at the positive as I too have not been suitable for human contact!So, I will drive to my meeting now listening to some praise & worship that will also help lift my spirits. I will pray for God to open the doors for the right buyer for you and in the right timing for the other house you have found.
Blessings,
Margaret