Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Night Thoughts


I am listening to Stevie Nicks work her voice magic, singing "Gypsy" as I type this. Have I mentioned how much I love my Ipod lately?

The kids are in the kitchen cleaning up dinner (scrambled eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls)with Curt, who will leave in just a few moments to take our oldest and youngest to Target to get a few last minute supplies for school, which starts tomorrow. My oldest is going to high school at our local public school.

I was in high school like, uh, a minute ago.

Speaking of high schools, today our pastor made a big announcement that Elevation is moving its Porter Ridge campus to my son's high school, which is all of five minutes from our house. So, we will be attending there from now on when they open on Sept. 23rd. Today we had the first sermon in a series called "Everything I Need To Know About Elevation I Learned From 80's Rock." Today he talked about Kurt Cobain and how he singularly changed the rock trend by stripping away all the glitz and glam of the 80's hair bands and making it all about the music. He made the correlation that we need to do the same thing as a church. We need to strip away all the programs, extras and needless arguments in the church and get down to what's essential-- Jesus. It was a good sermon, wrapped up by my friend Paige's cousin's letter about how she always thought, "Who needs church?" But through a friend inviting her to Elevation found out that indeed, SHE needs church. And Jesus. She talked in her letter about all the things in her life that have changed after she encountered Jesus at Elevation. It was quite moving and made me excited for the millionth time about the church I am a part of. Lives are being changed-- I have seen it personally with my friend Jill.

Want to come? The opening of the Butler campus would be a great time to do so-- so mark it on your calendars, shoot me an email and my family and I would love to save you a seat!
Pin It!

No comments: