Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday To Do List


This morning I started off the morning by reading the Bible in bed, before I even got up and got a piping hot cup of coffee, I will add! I am struggling through II Kings, folks. I keep praying-- God, what am I missing here? I know you put II Kings in the Bible for a reason, but I am somehow missing it. Please reveal some Truth to me.
So, today here is a nugget I gained:

II Kings 14 (not sure of the verse, as my version doesn't give verses)
He was obedient to what God commanded, written in the Word revealed to Moses, that parents shouldn't be executed for their children's sins, nor children for those of their parents. We each pay personally for our sins.
I thought this verse was interesting in light of the teaching of generational sin that I have always believed in-- this verse contrasts with that a bit, and was really freeing for me to read.

Today I have some stuff I want to do, and am hoping that I can get it all done:

  • change the sheets on our bed (this is something I am bad about remembering to do-- the regular, daily laundry seems to always take precedence)
  • tidy the house just in case we have a showing
  • sign papers to drop the price on our house (the realtor is due here any minute to bring said papers)
  • go for a run
  • finish switching out the books from last year's school and putting the new books out
  • format Faith Lifts post as a devotion for P31
  • visit the homeschool store and use up some of the credit I have there
  • drop cleaning
  • visit the grocery (again)
  • pick up holds at the library
  • make dinner-- chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, black-eyed peas

I am sure there is more, but that is all I can think of for now.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Pin It!

No comments: