Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Great Book


Last night I finished "Quaker Summer" by Lisa Samson. I was so sad it was over.

I have to say that I think that this book is by far the best Christian fiction I have ever read. And I am a tough critic.

I loved her character development-- and I have to say that I think the main character must mirror Lisa's own personality closely. There are so many little things she says that are "real." I think that is why I loved the book so much-- the characters are Christians but not plastic Christians. They are real-- with real struggles, real mistakes and real doubts. They talk like real people. They deal with situations the way real people do. I need to see that in fiction-- yet I rarely do in Christian fiction. So this book was refreshing, and has renewed my faith in Christian fiction. I will definitely be picking up more of Lisa's books.

This book is about a woman who has a problem with spending. As God begins to get her attention about why the spending habits are there, she begins to make some changes in her life. As only God can do, he radically transforms her life in the process. I don't want to say much more because I don't want to give away any of this incredible book.

I got my copy at the library. It is worth buying though. If you are looking for a great beach or poolside read, this one definitely fits the bill!

PS. I was not asked to write this review, nor was I in any way paid or compensated for all the great stuff I said.
Pin It!

No comments: