Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

What Ive Been Into (January)




I found out I was a top blogger over at All Free Casserole Recipes in 2014 so that was fun! To see the full list of bloggers, go to this link.

I read this book, and it made me laugh and cry-- sometimes one page apart. I had myself a good cry at the end and felt both heartened and heartbroken when I was finished. That is so rare in a book. I don't think I will read a better book this year. I listened to it on audio and I think that only added to the experience. Now I can't wait for his next book!

I wish I could say that The Rosie Effect lived up to my hopes but sadly it just didn't draw me in. I took it back to the library without finishing it. I still stand by my rave reviews of The Rosie Project, however.

Curt and I binge-watched The Fall on Netflix. I do not recommend it to, well, anyone but if you can't stop yourself, then you too will know the horrifying yet compelling phenomena that is this show. Once you start watching you cannot look away. Unless you're squeamish, then you will have to.

This month on my blog I also shared

Five Dates To Go On In 2015

Netflix Movies You Might've Missed 

Five Ways to Start the Year Off Right

And finally I shared how gratitude journals overwhelm me, but jotting down one amazing thing that happens each day has been a wonderful way to remember that life truly is amazing. Sometimes you just have to think small in order to find the amazing parts. This habit I started last year has helped me remember to look.

If you'd like to see a list of blog posts I found inspiring this month, head over to She Reads, where I shared those. It's a good list with a lot of food for thought.


** I'm linking to Leigh Kramer's "What I'm Into" roundup today.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Leigh Kramer said...

I was disappointed by The Rosie Effect either! If I was the kind of person who could abandon a book without finishing it, I would have given up after the first chapter. Alas, I just had to soldier on through and hope it would get better. But it didn't.