Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Intentional Mondays


Quote: "I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection." Emily Ley (found at this link)

Yes.

Write Every Day... Hasn't happened this week. Some weeks are like that. (See above.)

My One Word... My best friend reminded me the other day that "it works out" which is part of my word for this year, AFFIRM. Maybe you need to be reminded like I was? That it does work out.

Listening To... The sound of the dishwasher. Remembering to be thankful for such devices and modern conveniences.

Sharing Stories... I will be sharing a story that you shouldn't miss on Wednesday-- and I will have a giveaway to go with it, so be sure to pop back by. The author is a favorite of mine who has become a mentor and friend. I'm so glad to be able to share her newest story with you. Don't miss it!

Randomness... I am in one of those times of life where it seems I will never get it all done or catch up. Not sure how to handle it except to put my nose to the grindstone and persevere. It works out... (See above)

In The Kitchen... Making menu and grocery run plans for the week but these first two days I'm going with easy stand-by's as I re-enter my domestic kingdom following a fun weekend away to Charleston. Tonight is salad greens topped with rotisserie chicken I picked up on special last night, served with a loaf of French bread. Tomorrow night is hamburgers on the grill made by my husband. By Wednesday I should be up to making a more labor intensive meal.

Plans... Another trip this coming weekend is looming. This one came up spur of the moment, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to get more time with Ariel as she ventures back to my neck of the woods to promote her new book. So I'm going to be away next weekend, which means I will fall further behind... but it's so worth it!

Loveliness... Seeing my kids' faces after being away. The sight of all of us gathered around the table for pizza last night.


Photo of the week:


 
One last snow picture. I call this my Narnia picture, the lamppost in the snow, just waiting for an encounter between Lucy and Mr. Tumnus. When it snows, that's one of my favorite gazing spots.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Carla White said...

I LOVE that you called that the Narnia picture. One of my most favorite book series in the whole world (even at the age of 38) and that is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the picture and hadn't yet read the caption. Thank you for sharing!