Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Some Rambling That Shall Serve As A Blog Post


Warning: Rambling Ahead

I got a new computer and I'm not sure I like it yet. I do not take to change-- even good change like new computers. My other laptop had completely shorted out-- the dreaded blue screen of death-- about a year ago and my husband was able to revive it but he warned me that I needed to replace it because it could happen again. My desire to avoid change kept me hanging in there with the decrepit old one, coaxing it along every day even though sometimes it would go bonkers if I pulled up Pinterest and sometimes it decided to show only parts of my email screen. You can imagine how frustrating this was. But I would just sigh and shut it down and then bring it back up again. I told myself I was being loyal but the truth is I just didn't want to go through the headache (and cost) that getting a new computer would bring into my life.

Methinks there's a life lesson in there somewhere. I'll leave you to ruminate on that one yourself.

So this weekend I bit the bullet, took the plunge, etc and picked out the cheapest laptop I could find. The thing is huge. But it works. And I'm getting used to the new keyboard. The mouse is situated differently from my old one and the keys feel different when you press them and it just all feels weird... and did I mention I hate change? And yes, I hear myself bemoaning this new computer. First world problem FOR SURE. Me and this computer will have to keep getting to know each other. I'm looking forward to when it feels as familiar as my old one-- when I don't pick it up and think "This is a new computer." I spend far too much time on my laptop to feel strange about it.

But enough about that.

Today we are off from school for Veterans Day and I purposely didn't plan anything or even make a lengthy to-do list for myself. I am going to read and make dinner (bbq pork sliders, roasted potatoes and green beans with an Oreo pie for dessert), and watch some stuff we've DVR'ed but haven't had time to watch (Pioneer Woman and some Hallmark movies!). We are truly taking a day off, hard as that is for me to do. There is nothing I absolutely have to do at this present moment. And I'm going to go with that instead of coming up with something.

However you spend Veterans Day, I hope it involves thanking someone who has served. With my son off at Navy training, I'm appreciating this holiday like never before. Nothing like making it personal to make it personal.

Pin It!

No comments: