Pages

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Menu (And A Recipe)


Today I'm posting a menu, even though it is not a Monday. That is because on Monday I was trying to recover from a whirlwind weekend in Chicago. If I get on top of things (bwah, ha, ha!) and can share here about our weekend soon, I will.

But yesterday I finally got a menu planned and got to the grocery store. And today there is chicken in the crockpot and our house smells more like home and there is just something about having food-- and meals-- in the house that is so settling. For some it might be when the house is totally clean or when the checkbook is perfectly balanced. But for me it's when there are meals on the menu board and the ingredients for said meals are in the house, just waiting to be cooked.

I also, incidentally, like it when I have freshly laundered sheets. And when my kitchen sink is sparkly and clean and white. Those things also make me feel like all is right in the world.

So anyway, here's my menu. And I included the chicken we're having tonight. Because it smells too good not to share. And it's so easy it feels a little bit like cheating.

Taco Salad (1 lb ground beef browned and mixed with 15 oz tomato sc and a packet of taco seasoning, simmer for at least an hour, then add to a bed of lettuce with your favorite toppings and tortilla chips)

Beef and Broccoli over rice (recipe found in this cookbook)

Meatball Subs, French Fries, Fruit (quick and easy-- use frozen meatballs cooked in the crockpot with your favorite bottled marinara sauce and serve in hoagie rolls with shredded mozzarella)

Roast with Carrots and Potatoes (also found in this cookbook), green beans

Barbecue Pork Chops (on the grill), Mac and Cheese, Lima beans

Whole Roasted Chicken, Salad, Baked Potatoes

Homemade Pizza

Chili and Cornbread

Gingerbread Muffins, scrambled eggs, grits, and bacon

Delicious Chicken
6 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 cans golden mushroom soup
2 packets onion soup mix
1.5 cups white wine (I used chardonnay)

Put chicken in crockpot. Whisk other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook for 8 hours on low. Serve over egg noodles. I'm serving mine with roasted asparagus.
Pin It!

No comments: