Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Menu Plan (With Links To Recipes)


Here's what we're eating on the homefront this week. I included our weekend menu because they were good and should be tried.

Saturday: Pork Carnitas. I served these with some of the good kind of salsa they sell in the produce section of the grocery store (fancy!) and tortilla chips, with some canned mandarin oranges on the side. I also made a pudding pie-- which is basically chocolate pudding made according to the pie filling directions on the box, spooned into a bought Oreo crust and doused with an entire tub of Cool Whip. My kids love this pie and it takes seconds to make. Ok, minutes. This was a very good Saturday night supper that fit our spring-like weather this weekend perfectly.

Sunday: Greek Chicken Gyros. These made a nice lunch after church-- I just started cooking them on high that morning and they were ready when we got home. All we had to do was assemble and eat with some potato chips. My husband made pancakes and bacon for dinner, which is one of my favorite Sunday night suppers.

Monday: Pork Tenderloin with baked potatoes and roasted broccoli

Tuesday: Potato Chip Chicken (recipe below), Broiled Asparagus, and Cooked Apples-- this was a meal created by my 13yo. Not cooked by her, mind you. She just came up with it, saying it sounded like the perfect meal to her. Then she asked me to cook it.

Wednesday: Stouffer's Lasagna

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Chicken Cacciatore over pasta, salad

Here's the recipe for potato chip chicken. It's not the best thing in the world for you, but it is baked, it tastes good and my kids ask for it often.

2 lbs. chicken breasts
1/3 cup melted margarine
2 cups crushed potato chips
1/4 tsp garlic powder
dash pepper

Dip chicken breasts into butter and roll in potato chips and seasonings. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining butter and crumbs. Bake at 375 for 45 min- 1 hr. Don't turn chicken.



Pin It!

2 comments:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

Everything sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipes! I think my son will love the potato chip chicken!

Cindy Finley said...

Added the Chicken Gyros to my menu this week. Thank you!