Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

The Wreath Post


 

 

 
So I have this Pinterest board I created called "Wreaths Galore." I've pinned wreaths I'd like to make someday-- below are my first attempts at not waiting to make "someday" happen.
 
 
This wreath was based on this post. It is by far not perfect. It's not even totally round. There are spaces where you can see the wire peeking through. But I made it and it's pretty and it brightens up my den.
 

 
These next wreaths are for my kids' teachers this year. I got the idea from this post.
 
Once I cut all my fabric and ribbon the actual wreaths themselves didn't take more than an hour a piece. I watched a Christmas movie while I worked and it was a nice way to spend an evening, actually. I love when I' not just sitting idle.
 


 
I ended up liking these so much, I've decided to make them for my kitchen windows, except instead of initials I have little candy canes that will hang in the center.
 
 
Next up I'm going to tackle this wreath, or one similar. I've got my mesh and my evergreen wreath and some ribbon and other stuff to embellish with. Wish me luck!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Arlene G said...

Love the wreaths Marybeth.....I would like one of those cute snowman wreaths. I priced having one made for me but it was a tad too pricy. Let us know how yours turns out!!

Pam said...

Well, I really love the first one the best and after reading the post with the instructions, I think it is so doable for even a craft-challenged person like me : ) Thanks for sharing your ideas here in this space.