Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review: The Words




I have to say that if you are a writer (or even an avid reader) go see The Words. I felt like the movie was a tribute to writers and the power of story. I loved it immensely and was sad that "they" don't make movies like this more often. I am tired of crude humor, silly plotlines, and space ships. I want poignant stories. I want to be moved. And I was by this movie.

The only negative I will express is the Dennis Quaid storyline. I am not sure that it added to the movie, even if it did add a layer of mystery to what exactly was going on and how the three plotlines would (you assumed) unite in the end. But instead of that plotline adding, it seemed to detract. And also I didn't like the ending. That's been a theme for me of late-- several books and movies I've seen lately have been great all the way through but disappointed me in the end. Maybe I'm too picky but it seems to me that lately things just stop-- they don't come to a fitting end. I would say that of this movie. I wanted a bit more wrap-up, a true conclusion. And based on the reactions of those sitting around me when the screen went to credits, I was not alone.


But even with all of that, I loved the movie and will continue to recommend it to my story-loving friends. If that's you, arrange a girls' night out or date night soon and go enjoy being pulled into a great story.

Here's the trailer:


Pin It!

3 comments:

Zibilee said...

I have wanted to see this movie since seeing the first preview many months ago, but I am sad that the end left something to be desired. I might have to wait for video for this one. It does sound like it has a great plot though, and who wouldn't love a movie about books and writing?

Pam said...

WOW! I think I'm going to like this one! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it and giving the recommendation : )

Unknown said...

This movie looks terrific. I love Bradley Cooper. Also, I'm totally in love with Imagine Dragons and their album Continued Silence which apparently is the sound track for this movie.