Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Inspiration


I'm back from my whirlwind bookstore tour. It was a busy four days and I was glad to get home and back to real life. Travel is fun and I got to see two friends for dinner who lived in towns I was passing through and it was wonderful to meet booksellers and talk about my new book, but really, truly, I like my real life-- the mom gig-- the best.

Here's something I wanted to share with you today as I work on getting back in the swing of things:

"I tended to do anything as long as it felt like adventure, and to stop when it felt like work. Which meant that life did not feel like work." Neil Gaiman in this commencement address. It's worth watching-- especially if you harbor dreams of pursuing something in the creative world. It'll take 20 minutes of your time, but I think you'll be glad you spent that 20 minutes letting Neil Gaiman inspire you.

And happy birthday to my brother Mark, who is one of the most creative guys I know.
Pin It!

No comments: