Pages

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Anthem


Anthem- 1. A rousing or uplifting song identified with a particular group, body, or cause.

Have you ever picked an anthem for yourself? A song that describes your life or your hope about life? A song that gets your blood pumping, your heart soaring? A song that identifies... you.

Mine's been "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John for years. And lately I've been loving "Shadow Days" by John Mayer. I got the idea from Ally McBeal years ago. It's kind of a fun exercise to think of songs that fit you. It's silly. And not really useful for much more than something to occupy your thoughts. And it'll make you smile whenever "your song" comes on the radio. Give it a try.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Leanne@lifehappenswhen said...

Mine is "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield!

Arlene G said...

I have never really thought of this Marybeth...I will have to think on it!! My husband would probably say it is She Drives Me Crazy by the Young Cannibals.lol...

Rebecca in SC said...

My anthem right now is Firework by Katy Perry. My daughter and I listen to it all the time in the van. Reminds me that closed doors sometimes lead to open windows. Something bigger and better around the bend.