Pages

Monday, April 09, 2012

You Just Have To Laugh


Maybe it's just our kids, but Curt and I have been joking lately about how when we tell them something we've told them over and over, they act like they have never heard it before. For instance:

"Oh, you mean like when I take off my clothes you don't want me to leave them on the floor?"

"Oh, you mean like when I use the last of the toilet paper you want me to put a new roll on?"

"Oh, you mean I should brush my teeth? Every night?"

"Oh you mean like when I finish eating, you want me to clear my plate from the table?"

"Oh, you mean when I get something out you want me to put it up?"

"Oh, you don't want me to take your tape and not return it?"

"Oh, you want me to flush the toilet after I go?"

"Oh, you want me to keep my room clean? Every day?"

Please tell me it's not just me... What are the ones your kids use?
Pin It!

8 comments:

BethA said...

I'm doing a big old DITTO! My teenager seems to have a weird hearing problem when her dad and I tell her something. She either goes completely deaf or utterly scrambles what we've said. It's not just you, Marybeth!

Zibilee said...

My kids don't act like it's the first time they have heard something, instead, I get the big sigh. The big sigh comes whenever I have to remind them to do something that they should remember to do on their own. Like close the bathroom door, or pick up their rooms, or take out the trash. One day, they are going to ask me what's for dinner, and I am going to give them the big sigh!

Amy said...

Sounds like the echo from my house. I vacilate between longing for a weekend to straighten the house and sit looking at it in silence and fretting over the fact that it's going to actually happen way too soon.

Hugs to you!

Amy said...

BTW...I love your blog's new look. You and Curt sure do make pretty kids!

Pam said...

Can soooooo relate to this! And then they wonder why I yell and get so upset or am I just the only one who does that?

Hope your spring break was restful and you're back in the groove : ) We took today off, too, and I'm trying to prepare myself for getting back in the groove tomorrow. The spring break bug has bitten me and won't let go! When's summer break? I don't think it can get here fast enough - lol : )

Hope your Monday is sweet!
Pam

Joyful said...

Hee hee...don't have any kids at home right now, but it sounds like my husband LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! We must live in the same house. I don't understand why my husband and I are still reminding children to flush and brush.

Mitzi said...

My kids don't say anything... and they don't do anything. They will totally ignore me! And then when I tell them again and that since this is the second time there will be a consequence if not done... I get this look that says, "Oh, did you mean right then!"