Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Banana Bars




Ever have rapidly darkening bananas and not know what to do with them other than make yet another loaf of banana bread? Well, here's another, tasty, solution. My family loved these! One of my sons even said he wants these for his next birthday instead of cake!

Banana Bars

2 cups all purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter or margarine, softened

2/3 cup granulated sugar

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)

1 egg

2 cups chocolate chips


Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in bananas and eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into greased 15X10 inch jelly roll pan.


Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 6 dozen.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with the banana bar recipe although it looks yummy! I just read She Makes It Look Easy and it was wonderful. I pretty much read it today. Thank you for writing it and I hope you keep writing fiction!

Rebecca Ann

Brenda said...

These sound delicious! I just printed out the recipe to make at a later time. Thanks!

bp said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm saving the recipe for when I have extra bananas!

Happy New Year. You are a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this recipe! It sounds delicious and I plan on making it this evening!!

Julie Kibler said...

Making this at this very moment, only trying with 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup regular. Can't wait to see how they come out … :) Thanks!

barb m said...

Forget ever making banana bread again this tops it all. I made a double recipe and they were gobbled right up. I was out of butter so subbed coconut oil, oh so good!

BCanada said...

I had to bake this for a lot longer than 30 minutes. I also found it too sweet, although my kids loved it :)