Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook




Outside my window... not as cool as you might expect as we begin October. But there's something different about the air and the light that means fall is here, no matter what the thermometer says.

I am thinking... about a new book. This one's a YA. Not sure that I will ever write it in its entirety but I'm having fun thinking of it for now. Keeps me entertained.

I am thankful... to be a writer. Sometimes I still can't believe that this is what I actually do. And people let me.

In the kitchen... soups, casseroles, hearty fall food.

I am wearing... jeans and a white tee shirt, silver flip flops. Haven't switched to fall shoes yet.

I am creating... book ideas and plot lines and character sketches, oh my!

I am going... to Nashville soon. But in the meantime I'm glad to not be going anywhere except about a five mile radius of our house.

I am wondering... when and how I can get myself back into some semblance of an exercise routine.

I am reading... The 19th Wife. I caught the beginning of this movie the other morning on tv and-- while I knew I didn't have time to sit and watch a movie, I got the book from the library. A modern day murder mystery that involves polygamy? Yes please!

I am hoping... to get some writing done this week. There's talking about writing-- and then there's actually putting words on paper.

I am looking forward to... a date night with my husband. Since I've been traveling so much we haven't been able to do that in awhile. Dinner and a movie, anyone?

I am hearing... laughter at tables near me, ice clattering out of the machine and into glasses, the shriek of a child. Am at Panera.

Around the house... Fall decorations are appearing around the house. Love the splashes of orange and brown and red.

I am pondering... how I can possibly read all the books on my TBR (to be read) list. It's borderline obscene.

One of my favorite things... a good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have three whole days this week with nothing on the calendar. Bliss. I also have a study I am doing with a group of women-- going through
{W}hole by Lisa Whittle and she's leading it! So fun! Am also having lunch with an old friend and volunteering at my kids' school.

A picture thought I am sharing:



A recent "wedding" I attended. The nuptials were a tribute to the SIBA (Southern Independent Booksellers Association) finalists for Book Of The Year. I was honored to be invited to take part since The Mailbox was a finalist. Some of the highlights of the night were the toasts to the bride and groom written by the authors, the groom's book jacket jacket (sewn together entirely out of book jackets), and the vows that included a reference to each of the books nominated. I'll never forget it.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Zibilee said...

Oh Marybeth, I would love it if you would write a YA book! I would be the first to read it and spread the word! I also really need to read The 19th Wife. For some reason polygamy fascinates me. Have you read The Lonely Polygamist yet? That was my favorite read of last year. Totally hilarious, but also really chewy and heartbreaking at times. If you haven't read it yet, I do totally recommend it. It was amazing. Have a great day over there!