Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Psalms For Moms


"This I know, that God is for me." Psalm 56:9

Do you believe that God is for you? Or do you secretly think that He is really against you? I think of that scene in Bruce Almighty where everything that happens Bruce blames God, looking at the sky and saying "Seriously? You let this happen?"

I have to admit that there were times when I first started trying to have a quiet time on a regular basis that I had the same thoughts run through my head. Something would go wrong and I'd look at the sky, my finger pointed accusingly. "Didn't you see me having my quiet time this morning? Couldn't you let this happen to someone who didn't?"

I had a lot to learn about relationship and unconditional love. I couldn't let my circumstances determine God's feelings for me. And I couldn't let the things around me determine whether He was for me or against me.

Instead I had to focus on the truth of this verse: This I KNOW... God is FOR me.

Do you believe that? No matter what? Maybe today you will start shifting your perspective in that direction-- dwelling on truth and letting your feelings catch up. The truth is, He is for you. Try repeating this verse when things go wrong the next time and see if that changes the way you feel.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Zibilee said...

Lately I have been vacillating on this point, and have gotten some startling pokes from God that he is, in fact, still there, and still for me. It's been a couple of rough months, but I am starting to see that without him, there isn't much hope or a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully I can make these feelings stick and not end up chasing the idea that he has disappeared. Your inspirational posts always seem to be just the word I need to hear, at the perfect time. I am convinced that he moves through you to get to others, which is an amazing and humbling thing.