Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Thursday Thought: Protecting Your Marriage


Note: If you are here after reading the Author Buzz letter, you can leave a comment at this post. Thanks for stopping by!

One of the themes in my new novel, She Makes It Look Easy, is the decisions that can head us down a path that will destroy our marriage. So when I read this post, I knew I had to direct you all to it. There are things we can do to protect our marriages. Read the five things he lists, and think about how you are incorporating them in your marriage now-- or could in the future. (Although this was written from a male perspective, it can be applied to women too.) It's a great post to print off and talk about with your spouse if you can.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Alycia Morales said...

Marybeth,
Mr. Hyatt's blog post has a lot of truth in it. After reading it when he originally posted it, I blogged about it, too.
It's very important to protect our marriages. And it takes work and effort to do so.
Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

I think this must be on God's heart! I just wrote about this same thing on my blog yesterday. I hope you don't mind me sharing the link here.

http://jsttheotherday.blogspot.com/2011/06/guard-your-heart.html

Kim said...

Marybeth, Thank you for sharing this article. I love reading other's suggestions to keep our marriages together. I have a faithful and loving husband myself, but I have been affected by the affair of a close family member that resulted in divorce and remarriage. And I may have to explain to my children someday, which will not be easy. His point in #3 is exactly what I will be dealing with if/when the time or subject comes up. They are too young right now, but one day they may have questions and I'm not sure how I will deal with it. Thanks again for sharing!

Kathy Scott said...

With all the scandals and sensational indiscretions of our political leadership, it is important to guard our hearts and our marriages through the protection that Mr. Hyatt has proposed. It is an lifetime investment of time and involvement in our partner that causes the relationship to be strong to withstand any encroachment upon the sanctity of a committed marriage. It is vitally important for the family to continue to be the base for which the Lord can continue to build His Church as we love and honor our marriage.

Pam said...

Thanks for sending me to such a great post about protecting my marriage! Great information!