Ten Things I Love About Fall
Now that the weather is turning cooler in our neck of the woods, I am admitting to myself that summer is really over. Instead of pouting about it, I am focusing on what I love about fall instead of how sad I am that summer is over. (Summer really is my favorite season... no offense, fall.)
1. The decorations. It's time to decorate for fall around our house. Instead of going scary for Halloween, I tend to just decorate around the signs of the season-- pumpkins and colored leaves feature prominently around our house.
2. Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I had my first a few weeks ago and it was every bit as delicious as what I remembered.
3. Pumpkin Muffins at Dunkin Donuts. Some of you might remember I used to get one every Friday as a treat to myself. (There is a DD dangerously close to my kids' school.) I think it's time to start that tradition again!
4. Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Krispy Kreme. Notice the trend? I love pumpkin!! We have pumpkin spice donuts from KK every Thanksgiving morning. I love traditions!
5. The changing leaves. The trees look like an art palette as a drive down the highway.
6. The reduced temps. I don't like cold at all but I have to admit a few degrees cooler than mid 90's is a welcomed change.
7. Soups. It's too hot to make soup in summer. Yet soup is one of my favorite meals to make... and eat. This was very obvious to me when I went through my clipped recipes. I have a penchant for cutting out soup recipes, apparently.
8. Jeans. I love wearing jeans and it's nice to have weather that necessitates wearing them again.
9. Football. Even though I don't watch it, I like hearing it on in the other room. There's something cylical about football returning that signals the passing of time, ushering us from one season to the next.
10. Hot drinks. Though I drink hot drinks in the warm months, I am much more likely to stop for a decaf when I am out once the weather turns cooler. I love picking up a coffee, doctoring it up and taking it with me as I go.
Your turn! What's your favorite thing about fall? What'd I forget?
In honor of all the pumpkin talk, I decided I would link to a pumpkin scone recipe you might like to try!