Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

In A Food Mood


Thought I'd post a menu plan today. Hope this puts you in the mood to plan some great food for your family this week!

Monday) Chicken and Broccoli With Bow Tie Pasta

Tuesday) Roasted Chicken with Lime and Rosemary, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Salad

Wednesday) Chicken Pie (I am cooking 2 chickens at once on Tues. and will use the meat to make this), Green Beans

Thursday) Chicken Tacos, Sliced Apples

Friday) Marinated, Grilled Chicken, Rice, Peas

Saturday) Grilled Hamburgers, Chips

Sunday) frozen pizza

Here's my Chicken Pie recipe. This is a favorite at my house-- it's comfort food at its best!

8 cups cooked chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup margarine, melted
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk

Put chicken in 9X13 pan. Add can of soup over top. Mix together melted margarine, self-rising flour and milk. Pour over top. Bake at 400 for about an hour, or until brown.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Debra said...

Hi Marybeth,
Thanks for your food Mondays. Did you ever make any of the recipes I sent you?
I had to smile when I read about your chicken pie, I had chicken pot pie (store bought) this weekend due to my hubby was out of town and he doesn't like it. Quick and Easy.
Have a good Monday. Debra

Arlene G said...

I will be trying that Chicken pot pie...sounds yummo! Also wanted you to know that I just got season four of Thirtysomething. The episodes where Gary died in the car accident still get me...twentysomething yrs later. I know we are both thirtysomething fans so I had to share that with you. If you ever come to North Alabama, call me and we will have a thirtysomething marathon...lol

Jeanie Cullip said...

Sounds delicious, what are you marinating your chicken in?

Cheri Bunch said...

I love this! Thank you!
Cheri