Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Randomness


How did it get to be Wednesday? And Wednesday evening at that?

Here's some randomness that I am going to throw out and call it a blog post so I do not have to feel bad about not writing anything in awhile:
  • Curt has a cold. He just boldly told me a few weeks ago that he doesn't get sick. Of course he has gotten lots of teasing from me for that. He was in denial for a bit, but he now freely admits he is, in fact, sick.
  • Still no job for Curt though he has started some part time work to bring in some income. It's not enough to float this family of 8 so we would appreciate your continued prayers if God brings us to mind.
  • I finished my rough draft for my second novel. I had slated to finish it by mid April so this is a bonus that I finished up earlier. I am taking a few days to enjoy myself before I dive into tweaking and finessing it. It's due to the publisher (David C Cook) June 1.
  • Spring is here! I think I say this every year but I have never been happier to see it arrive!! I just can't get enough of the fresh warm air. This was a long, cold winter for us in more ways than one as we dealt with Curt's unemployment and cabin fever too. Spring brings with it a feeling of beginnings and possibilities. That's what we're praying for.
  • I have a blog post planned about how I am enjoying my quiet times more. Can't wait to share that with you all and, now that I am not working hard on the novel, you might see that post sooner rather than later.
  • Have been reading some great books lately. I go through spells with my reading-- dry spells where I have nothing to read... and I get quite sulky about it too... or deluge seasons where I don't have time to read everything I want to read. This is a deluge season and I am so good with that!
  • I have my novel now-- an advanced copy was mailed to me last week. It's been very cool to hold in my hands. I met my mom for lunch the other day and was so excited to hand it to her. I had meant to surprise her but a family member spilled the beans before I could surprise her. Oh well, she was still tickled to see it. I think she's as proud of that book as she is her grandchildren! That's been one of the most fun parts-- other people's excitement. Not as many people got excited about our financial book. Hmmm, I wonder why? Book about getting out of debt or book about second chances for first love on a beach?? I know what I choose!
  • Please pray for Melissa Taylor's family as they say goodbye to their mom and grandmother. She has been a shining example of grace under pressure as she has been at her mom's side these last few weeks. I got to make a meal for her family tonight and it was an honor just to have some small part in what they are going through.
  • Have had She Speaks on the brain a lot this past week as we've been making some fun and exciting She Reads plans for that weekend. If you are thinking of coming this is a great year to register and join us! If money is a problem, Lysa TerKeurst is giving away scholarships on her blog. Get creative and find a way to finance it-- one of my friends is asking for it for her bday. It's a great time and I hope to meet you there. I may or may not have already started planning what I am going to wear...
  • Easter and Spring Break is fast approaching! We have no plans whatsoever... just plans to take it easy and enjoy the slower pace of no lunches to pack and no early morning dashes out the door. It seems these breaks always come when we need them most.
Hope you all are enjoying spring wherever you are!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, I just realized that we too have no plans for spring break. Sounds good to me!

Angel77 said...

I would love to meet you at She Speaks! I am entering the contest today. But if not this year then another year. We will see what God has in store.
I am so excited about your book too! I cannot wait to read your style of fiction.
Be blessed today!