Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... sunny and 65. Woo hoo! Come on spring!

I am thankful for... God's word. How it speaks to me directly, giving me answers I wasn't even looking for but needed to hear so badly.

I am praying for... a job for my husband. He needs some encouragement... and so do I.

From the kitchen... chicken and stuffing casserole, green beans

I am wearing... an old sorority sweatshirt from college and gray sweatpants

I am creating... a novel, plans for the next one too

I am reading... Traveling Mercies (re-reading this one), Writing Fiction For Dummies

I am hoping... that this test we are facing will become part of our testimony

I am hearing... the tv, the water running in the kitchen, a whining child

Around the house... laundry, dishes, cleaning, straightening... the usual

One of my favorite things... taking Sunday as a true day of rest

A few plans for the rest of the week... I lead a retreat next weekend so on Friday I will be leaving. This week I will be preparing for that and writing my 1000 words per day. Am still on track to finish up by mid April with my first draft, which leaves me 6 weeks for tweaking and revising before I turn in my novel on June 1. Interestingly, one of the characters in my new novel's husband loses his job. I planned that long before Curt lost his job. Talk about life imitating art! It has made me much more sympathetic towards this character.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Great list. I'm so with you on most of them...especially the job part!

Angela said...

My husband lost his job in Oct after 11 years, I can so relate! It is been almost 6 months and no permanent work has happened. I am AMAZED how God has provided for our family. I always say, I never want to leave a trial the same woman and I will not FOR SURE after this one. He actually has a 2nd interview today with a company and we are praying like CRAZY. But even if it isn't the one we walk on, keeping our eyes focused on Jesus but sure enough when they come off of HIM and on to our situation Fear, Worry, and all the rest pile on. Praying for you too. It is nice to know we have sisters in Christ to pray for our jorney.

Angela