Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... snow is melting. It disappeared almost as quickly as it came.

I am thinking... about Curt's job prospects... or lack of.

I am thankful for... the prayers and encouragement of good friends as we walk through this trial.

From the kitchen... heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink icing and sprinkles, chocolate fondue for a special Valentine's Day dessert tonight.

I am wearing... jeans and a Virginia Cavaliers sweatshirt my son gave me when he outgrew it.

I am creating... goodies from the kitchen.

I am going... to try to keep up with my pledge to write 1000 words per day for 60 days straight (except Sundays). So far, so good and am on day 13. Lord willing, next week I will hit the halfway mark!

I am reading... I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Wow but it was good. I highly recommend it. It's so good that I don't want to read anything else now. Nothing else will measure up.

Pondering these words... "Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I am hoping... for good news about Curt's job prospects this week. Don't have any indication that we will hear anything but last week nothing happened so am counting on something happening this week!

I am hearing... the kids hollering at each other and the pounding of feet running. The soundtrack of my life.

Around the house... trying to get excited about making meals, doing the grocery shopping, etc. My enthusiasm for such tasks waxes and wanes. Usually reading homemakerish blogs helps. Guess I need to read some of those!

One of my favorite things... writing in my journal. I have been writing consistently for over 6 months now and I don't know why I didn't start journaling much sooner. I love having a place for all my thoughts and for cataloguing the things that happen to me, writing my prayers down, etc.
I even got Curt a journal for Valentine's Day. He liked it. Or pretended to.

A few plans for the rest of the week... not much. Last week was pretty busy so I am glad this week looks slower. I am a homebody.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Valentine's Day Mary Beth! We too are trying to stay encouraged and hoping for good news on the job front prospects this coming week. Praying for both of us.
Where do you get your journals? Are they special? Or just lined blank books? Just curious...I love to have journals although the older I get, the less I write in them.

Sitesx6 said...

I LOVED The Help so much, I seriously shed a tear when I finished it. I almost mourned over it being finished.

Then....someone suggested The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society (that is the title..goofy, but makes sense later) and I felt my joy again.

SOOOOOO good, you HAVE to read it next. Just as good as THE HELP....and it made me so happy.

Kim said...

As a fellow journaler, I understand why you've fallen in love with this. Have a great time.

Karin Katherine said...

I gave my husband a journal for Valentine's Day too. He actually seemed to like it, we'll see if he uses it though. That will be the truest test.

I loved the HELP...and you are right, I haven't read anything that compared since...

Praying for blessings for your family. I leave for Israel on the 23rd and I will put a prayer in the wailing wall for you.
; 0 )