Pages

Monday, February 08, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... Cold. I am tired of writing this. No rain, though. That's a welcome relief. Yesterday Curt said to me, "I wish it wasn't so cold outside." To which I replied, "It's February." He said, "Thank you, Captain Obvious." I said, "Absolutely no problem whatsoever."

I am thinking... about my next book. Not The Mailbox. Not the book I am writing now that is due June 1. No sirree. The third one. The one that I shouldn't be thinking about because it is not contracted and there is no deadline for. Yet my mind keeps wandering...

I am thankful for... the hope of spring. I will see green again and I will enjoy walking outside. May it be sooner rather than later.

I am wearing... black track pants and a teal green P31 shirt, white socks. I am nothing if not a fashion plate. Just ask Shari. :)
I am remembering... This time last year I began my diet. I started it on February 6, 2009. One year later I am still trying to follow the principles I used during the 3 months I did the diet with no cheating. I look back now and wonder how I stuck to it as faithfully as I did. Am definitely not as good about the no cheating part now as I was then. I guess I don't feel as compelled to see progress now as I did then. There was more at stake. Now it's not the end of the world if I drop weight. But I still like eating healthy and I do feel better when I eat healthy.

I am going... to Greenville SC to visit my friend Robin on Tuesday. We have plans to eat sushi and walk around downtown Greenville, hit the Starbucks near her house, see her handsome sons and the tiny house she is renting. Talk.

I am currently reading... The Help by Kathryn Stockett like the rest of the world. At least that's what it seems like.

I am hoping... that more and more people will find She Reads and become devoted to it.

On my mind... Valentine's Day plans. It's next weekend!

Noticing that... my focus days idea (see my last daybook post) was nice in theory but didn't really work. Will try again this week but might have to let that idea go ultimately.

Pondering these words... "A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships." Helen Keller

From the kitchen... preparing our Valentine's Day menu. Chocolate fondue sounds like a perfect dessert. Must buy a fondue pot first. (See above for reference to the urge to cheat on my diet.)

Around the house... need to decorate the dining room table for Valentine's Day dinner. Lots of candles and a cute heart garland wound around, heart shaped doilies.

One of my favorite things... the two girls at the top of this post.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Arlene G said...

Loved The Help....one of the best books I have read in a long time.

Sitesx6 said...

LOVED The Help too!!

I highly suggest The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society next...awesome book!

Flamingo said...

your daughter is just gorgeous!!! and your youngest is following in her steps. i would be concerned, very concerned:)

don't stop the focus days! i'm just starting them!

Mom Can I? said...

they look so much like you to me! It's almost scary! Love the Capt Obvious comment too. ;D