Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... a winter wonderland (or as close as we get in NC). It is also bitterly cold. Have I mentioned that I am longing for summer?

I am thinking... about my new schedule for this week. M-W-F are novel writing days. Tuesday is speaking business day. And Thursday is She Reads business day. Saturdays are for wrapping up loose ends or family time and Sundays are for rest. I am thinking that having a focus for each day will help me not feel so scattered, which is one of the things I wrote about last week. I love everything I am doing but I am continually trying to find the balance. This is just another step in that direction and I think it's a good one.
I am thankful for... friends. God has sent me some very good ones and I am so grateful. Last week I got one email each day from a random friend who said God brought me to mind and she was praying for me. It was so amazing to be the object of their prayers and I am grateful for praying friends. If you are one of those people, thank you!!

I am wearing... track pants and a sorority sweatshirt left over from college. I know... that's old.

I am remembering... that I am on a diet. I tried to forget this weekend when we were snowed in and all I wanted was piping hot comfort food.

I am going... mostly nowhere this week. Last week was busy, busy, busy. Am looking forward to a down week this week, Lord willing.

I am currently reading... writing craft books. Am not really into any fiction books at this present moment. Just finished one that I will be writing about for She Reads soon!

I am hoping... to stick to my plan for focusing on certain things on certain days. Am thankful to Nicole O'Dell for unintentionally inspiring me to go this direction!

On my mind... laying out my scenes for my next novel and refamiliarizing myself with them before I plunge back into writing after a several week break.

Noticing that... it's a lot easier to put weight on than to take it off. So. Unfair.

Pondering these words... "Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" Henry Ward Beecher

From the kitchen...made several things yesterday... pumpkin bread, homemade french bread, Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls, homemade chicken noodle soup

Around the house... categorizing and pasting clipped recipes into my recipe binder, organizing and cleaning the bonus room

One of my favorite things... the photo of my youngest at the top of this post. My friend Robin took it when she was visiting and I just love it!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I have the "day" system for my household chores and it works - Mondays are stripping beds, groceries, and weekend recovery. Tuesdays are more laundry, business catch up, and on. I feel more productive knowing what's coming up this week, and I rarely schedule appointments or volunteer on Mondays because it's crucial to starting the week on the right note! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marybeth,

I just found your blog today. Love it, love it! Thanks for the great ideas and recipes. And I agree, your daughter is adorable!! I hope to check in often...

Blessings,
Jennifer