Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


This week I am featuring two weeks worth of meals with links to recipes wherever possible. Hope it inspires some of you to plan some menus of your own!

M) pancakes and bacon courtesy of daddy

T) leftover chicken noodle soup, birthday cake for small group (We're celebrating 2 bdays!)

W) Cashew chicken and broccoli casserole

H) Homemade pizza (recipe from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner-- a book I checked out of the library and have liked so much it is now in my Amazon cart!)

F) Chili Mac

Sat) Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, Baby Peas

Sun) Superbowl Sunday-- Fun foods-- wings, pizza bites, Caramel apple dip, etc.

M) Chipped Beef On Toast (make fun if you must, but this was a staple of my childhood and it tastes SO good!), Black Eyed Peas

T) Meatball Subs (Frozen meatballs in spaghetti sauce and cooked in the crockpot all day, served on hoagie rolls), Fruit, Chips

W) Chicken Tortilla Soup (this isn't my exact recipe but close... I use lime juice rather than lemon) in the crockpot, Beer Bread

H) Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta

F) Italian Baked Chicken, Steamed Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes

Sat) leftovers/GYO (Maybe a date night for the big holiday that is the next day)

Sun) Red Dinner for Valentine's Day: Spaghetti, Cherry 7Up, Garlic Bread, Chocolate dessert of some sort or maybe some pink heart-shaped frosted sugar cookies using the dough I made at Christmas and froze but never used...
Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marybeth,

Thanks for the menu plans and for adding the recipes where possible. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marybeth!

I have a Chicken and Stuffing Casserole recipe that is similar to the one you have for the 1st. Sat. However, we call it Chicken Casserole. I use 3 1/2 to 4 cups Pepperidge Farm Stuffing (herb seasoned-blue bag) combined with 1 cup chicken broth and 1 stick butter. I also cook my chicken breast in my slow cooker w/diced onions, celery, cover with broth and cook for about 8 hours. Chicken will fall apart very easily. Sometimes I will add cooked, chopped broccoli to the the soup layer of this recipe.

Great comfort recipe!