Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mini Apple Pies... Yum!


I got this from A Heart For Home enewsletter, which I have reprinted recipes from in the past. These sounded fun and easy to make so I thought some of you might like to try them!

This is a simple recipe that is good for breakfast, afternoon tea, a bedtime snack or dessert. These little apple pies don’t store well, however – they’re best eaten right from the oven. Warm and delicious!

Mini Apple Pies
3/4 C. flour
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C. butter
1 – 16.3 oz. can of Pillsbury Grands Original Flaky Biscuits
1 – 21 oz. can of apple pie filling

In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar & cinnamon. Mix in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside. Split each biscuit in half to make 16 pieces. Press each one into an ungreased muffin cup. Spoon 1 heaping tabl. of pie filling into each cup. Sprinkle each with 1 tabl. crumb mixture. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes and remove from cups; place on wire rack to finish cooling. Serve warm with whipped cream on top, if desired.

If you would like to subscribe to A Heart For Home, send a blank e-mail to:
aheartforhome-subscribe@welovegod.org
Pin It!

6 comments:

Eagles Wings said...

Yummy they sound good and easy to make.

Jay & Erin said...

I'm making these tonight. Wish me luck!!!
Erin

Jay & Erin said...

OK, on behalf of Hailey and Zoe we would like to tell you that we LOVED the min apple pies. They each ate 2 and we are going to share them with our neighbors. Thank you so much. I've been "commanded" to make them often. Peace. Erin

Marybeth said...

Erin-- thank you for letting me know! I haven't made them so I am glad you let me know that they are worth trying! Tonight we resorted to brownie sundaes made with a box of Ghiradelli brownies and vanilla ice cream on top. It did the trick and I am stuffed! :)

lisaschaos said...

These sound VERY good!

Jay & Erin said...

Hi MaryBeth. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me and the girls for you to respond to our comment. All of us felt so special. I have followed Proverbs 31 for such a long time-reading the devotions following different blogs and feeling blessed by all of it. Thank you so much for being there for us-encouraging and uplifting us. (ok, mostly me:)) Oh, and both sets of neighbors who received our mini apple pies Loved! them. Hope you are able to make them soon. Erin