On Sunday our pastor taught on faith that is first heard (which initiates faith), then spoken (which activates faith), then acted on (which demonstrates faith). He used the example of Peter stepping out of the boat to meet Jesus. First Peter heard Jesus speak to Him, then he spoke back to Jesus, then he stepped into the water. His faith was initiated, activated, then demonstrated in that scene.
He talked about how we need to be speaking God's word to ourselves, meditating on it constantly and letting it work within our lives. I had an encounter this week with someone who needed to do just that. This person was struggling with some pretty serious doubts and believing some crippling lies. Truth would have helped to drastically change this person's perspective. It's up to us to choose to speak that Truth when we are feeling down... it's just harder than it sounds.
To give us a tool to use, they handed out these nifty cards with "Our Faith Confessions" printed on them. He suggested putting them on the fridge but I have tucked mine into my journal to pray over each day. I thought that I would share them here and I have included a verse to go with each one in case you would like to print something up to use in your quiet time as well. I pray that speaking the Truth will activate your faith and equip you to then demonstrate it in your interactions with those God puts in your life!
1. I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation. (Romans 8:1)
2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation. (II Thessalonians 1:11)
3. I have no fear or anxiety, I trust in the Lord with all my heart. (Psalm 112:7)
4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life. (II Peter 1:10)
5. I am fully funded to do everything God has called me to do. (Jeremiah 32:27)
6. I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me. (I John 3:1-3)
7. I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent, our family is blessed. (Hebrews 2:13)
8. I am completely whole physically, mentally, and emotionally. (I Thessalonians 5:23-24)
9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God. (Psalm 90:17)
10. I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ. (II John 1:6)
11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make. (Proverbs 2:6)
12. I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus' name. (Psalm 91:14-16)