Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Daybook For The Last Day Of August


Outside my window… it's dark because I am writing on Sunday night. Another week will soon begin whether I am ready for it or not.



I am thinking… about the week ahead. We have somewhere to be every night this week and nearly every day. That is not normal for us so I am trying to gear up for it.



I am thankful for… life, home, food, church. Simple things that aren't really simple. They are miraculous.



From the learning rooms… Some sort of homeschooling plan for my one child that is homeschooling this year would be nice. A friend emailed to ask why I haven't posted a plan on my blog. Ummm, because I don't have one?? Must work on that this week but am still feeeling uninspired to be honest. When I come up with one, I will post it here.



From the kitchen… leftover strawberry cake from my 4yo's birthday on Saturday. I baked two-- one to share and one to eat. I also have plans to make some Rice Krispy treats for my 7yo who claims that those are his favorite dessert.



I am wearing… blue track pants and a blue Elevation tee shirt



I am creating… a talk for a group on Thursday night. I am excited to revamp my organization and balance talk and make it less heavy on the inspiration with more practical, doable information. That's a good thing because I am giving it several times this school year!



I am going… to have a good week. I am.



I am reading… a collection of magazines: Writer's Digest, Southern Living, Cooking With Paula Deen and Above Rubies.



I am hoping… to make some important decisions this week. More about that later. These decisions overshadowed my week last week, which is the reason that posts were scarce around here. Will try to do better this week on that.



I am hearing… the dryer running and the pitter patter of little feet that should be tucked in bed.



Around the house… a list of chores await me bright and early Monday morning-- ironing, a bathroom to clean, and organizing the four yo's closet.



One of my favorite things… Listening to my youngest sing every word of Hoedown Throwdown from the Hannah Montana movie. We are so proud.



A few plans for the rest of the week: visiting with a friend on Tuesday, the pool with friends on Thursday, preschool open house on Wednesday and the first day of preschool on Friday. Also, my husband needs to buy a car soon as right now we are a one car family. With 8 people going in multiple directions at any given time, that ain't workin.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Bonita said...

Sounds as though you'll be extremely busy this week and all that in one car!!! Hope the week goes well.

Unknown said...

Whew! Your list makes me tired just reading it! :)

I made the German Chocolate Pound Cake last night. Girl. Seriously. It tickled my soul and satisfied my tummy. YUM!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca