Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Menus and Musings


The past two days have been a blur but I am happy to report that three of my children are now tucked safely away in their classrooms with most of the stuff on their back to school shopping lists in their possession.


Aaaaahhhh. Allow me to enjoy the silence and just sit for a few minutes.

Since I am still sort of detoxing from coming back from vacation and plunging right into back to school mode, I don't have a whole lot of insight to share yet. So I thought that today, even though it's not a Monday, I would share our menu from now until next Wednesday. Since I was running low on energy and creativity this week, I went with some fall-back recipes, some old standbys that have stood the test of time with my family.

At the end I included a link to the recipe for the wonderful cake I baked for my oldest's birthday. As my friend Ariel said, "It's slap your mama good!" Of course, when I repeated that to my husband, my kids all got a devious glint in their eyes that had me a little afraid...

Monday) Fake Chick Fil A. (So named by my husband and children.) This is just those frozen Tyson chicken patties on buns with pickles, shredded lettuce and their choice of mustard. I served it with potato chips and grapes for an easy meal after a day of running like crazy and not arriving home til 5:30. Quick and easy was the name of the game-- and without the cost of eating out!

Tuesday) Marinated Grilled Chicken served over salad greens, french bread, sliced watermelon. Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.

Wednesday) Grilled pork chops, pasta salad, leftover salad. Leftover cake for dessert.

Thursday) Chicken and stuffing in the crockpot, black eyed peas.

Friday) Homemade pizza

Saturday) Grilled hamburgers, french fries

Sunday) Pancakes and bacon

Monday) Spaghetti

Tuesday) Barbecue chicken, wild rice, peas

Wednesday) Tacos

And here's the recipe for that cake... but don't say I didn't warn you. It's totally addicting and impossible to just have a small piece.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all sure do like chicken. LOL
Glad UR back. Missed your posts.

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

I've made the cake at least three times this year and so far no one has slapped me!

Glad you're back.

Ariel

Anonymous said...

Do you eat the same as your family even when you are on your diet? I find it hard to make family friendly meals that I can eat too.

Thanks