Pages

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Before And After Questions



I have had a ton of emails, comments, and Facebook inquiries about my "before and after" post. Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I have tried to respond to all the questions-- even if it was just a brief "I have no idea!" response.
The diet I did was a program developed for me by a naturopath. So I can't speak to anything other than what I did. I can't address all the specifics as we are all in unique situations with unique limits, body chemistry, etc. I guess my main encouragement in writing about my experience is to encourage you not to give up, not to sit back and say "there's no hope because I have had kids or I have hit a certain age, etc." There is hope and I am living it!

With that said, here's one request that I have gotten several times that I can answer: what is the salad I loved and what dressing did I make?

The salad is lettuce (I used field greens) (60 grams measured on a food scale), cut up deli turkey (60 grams measured on a food scale), cut up strawberries (100 grams measured on a food scale). The dressing I put on it was 4 tsp. of olive oil mixed with 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar. I added coarse ground pepper and sea salt to taste, whisked it all together, and poured it on the salad. The dressing tasted so good with the turkey and the strawberries-- a flavor explosion! It made me so happy I took the above photo! (More proof to my kids that I am indeed crazy. "Mom, why are taking a picture of that salad?" In the photo I did grilled chicken instead of deli turkey but you get the idea.) Isn't it a pretty salad??

I hope if you try it it will make you happy, too! To your health!
Pin It!

11 comments:

Karen said...

I love a good salad. I haven't read the other post you are talking about so I'll have to go back and do that. I've had 5 children. My youngest is now 17 months old. About one year ago, I began changing the way I ate and started more regular exercising. Just this past year, I've lost 40 pounds! I'm less than 20 pounds away from what I weighed in high school!!! I still have some toning to do but at 36 years old, I am tickled to finally be back into a healthier weight range.

Hope you have a great day!
Karen

Smileyface said...

MaryBeth...

Just wanted to tell you that you look wonderful! I always thought you were a very beautiful woman not just because of your beauty but how you share and minister with us out here in blog world.
How exciting to lose that weight! We are pregnant with baby#3 and I only hope I can do the same!

Blessings....Laura

Monique said...

Thanks for sharing more about your salad and meals. I'm a WW die hard. It works well for me. However, I really needed something better for lunch, so I tried your salad. It is great! It fills me up and tastes great.

BTW, Congratulations! You look great and I bet you feel great also.

Oh Dear said...

It IS pretty! I'm hungry now! Can I get one delivered?

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm having something fun at my place. Be sure to stop by and check it out.

Better yet. Write a post at your place and help me to spread the word!

Thanks.

Take care,
Amy
www.crumbsonmyfloor.com

xoxo said...

Thank you for this and for that post on the whole process. I'm also trying to do different stuff to lose weight and this really encouraged me on the diet front. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

MB-
Now I want to know if your naturopath consults via phone so I can figure out what you were drinking. My system has yet to reset after kids and diet and exercise and coming up empty.
Thanks for the inspiration...and I'd love the NP #!
Another MB
www.homeschoolblogger.com/flossy

Cheri Bunch said...

Love, Love, Love your devotion today!!! Thanks!

Cheri

Bonita said...

Yummy! I ate a similar salad when I was in Colonial Williamsburg last week and it was so good. It didn't have meat, but had slivered almonds instead, along with strawberries, carmelized onions, and a lemon-honey-balsamic dressing. Yum, yum, yum! Only I gained weight last week instead of losing and I'm sure none of that was because I ate so many meals in the taverns.

Karin Katherine said...

That is a pretty salad and it looks as good as you say it tastes! I cannot wait to try it out. I need to eat better. Where did you get your food scale?

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

I was just talking to my mother about this very thng. As a single woman, I get so aggrevated with women that do not seem to appreciate what they have in their husband. Ladies, you have someone to hold you at night, pray with you about problems, and be a witness to your life...please don't take that for granted!!!

Your Sister-In-Christ,
Valerie